TM – Simple, Natural, Effortless
The Transcendental Meditation technique is easy to learn, but it cannot be learned from a book, a tape, or from a yoga class. It is simple, but it must be taught correctly by a trained, certified TM teacher in a course which involves personal instruction, and a series of 1-2 hour classes over four consecutive days. When you learn from a properly trained TM teacher you are learning the technique that has been extensively researched over the past 50 years.
Where does TM come from?
The Transcendental Meditation technique has its origins in an ancient tradition of knowledge, the Vedic tradition. Maharishi Mahesh Yogi revived the complete knowledge and experience of transcending after it had been lost for centuries, even in India, the land of its origin. To maintain the technique’s effectiveness and to preserve the practice for future generations, it is taught in this systematic, standardized way by certified TM teachers world-wide.
The Transcendental Meditation Course includes the four-day course of instruction plus four months of follow-up classes at your convenience. Included in the course is also a lifetime of follow-up and advanced meetings which you can participate in at any TM centre in the world.
The Seven-Step TM course
- Introductory Talk - Attend a free talk (1 – 1 1/2hours) explaining the wide range of benefits of the TM technique and the scientific research on the program.
- Preparatory Talk - A free short talk explaining the mechanics of the Transcendental Meditation program that make it effortless and how it differs from other types of meditation.
- Personal Interview- The short private interview at the end of the preparatory talk is an opportunity for you to ask a trained teacher any questions you may have about learning.
- Personal Instruction- During this private class, the teacher gives you the instructions for practising the TM technique, ensuring that you learn at your own pace. (1- 1 1/2 hours)
- Verification of Correct Practice- Classes are held over three consecutive days or evenings (1 – 2 hours). You receive additional knowledge to verify the correctness of the practice and to clearly understand your experience. Classes are scheduled at your convenience. Once completed, you are self-sufficient in the practice of TM, and you will start to experience the benefits of regular meditation straight away.
- Follow-up- The course includes four weekly meetings over the first month, then four monthly meetings to check on your progress and to ensure you are getting all the benefits of the practice.
- Life-time follow-up- Once you have learned the technique you may visit any TM centre world wide to attend advanced meetings, group meditations, and special events which are regularly scheduled at all TM Centres.
The technique is simple, but make sure you learn from a properly trained and certified Transcendental Meditation teacher.